Customer Acquisition Strategy - Acquisition channels
Customer Acquisition Strategy - Acquisition channels
Custom Acquisition Strategy is a strategy to acquire new users for your product.
Identifying your ideal customers and customer acquisition goals is a great start to creating an effective strategy, but that’s only the beginning.
You’ll want to think about which channels to use based on your research and what types of content do best there.
A customer acquisition channel is any place your customers meet your brand for the first time — whether through social media, organic search, or a paid ad. Customer acquisition channels are how you bring in new customers.
Choose your customer acquisition channels
Some popular customer acquisition channels include:
- Instagram: Visually attractive posts and short videos.
- Facebook: Live video streaming, one-to-one messaging, advertising.
- YouTube: Longer, more informative, and more entertaining video content.
- SEO: Written, long-form content that's optimized for search engines.
- Paid social: Short, snappy ads with compelling visuals.
- Referrals: Discounts and loyalty rewards.
- Email: Newsletters, product updates, and special offers.
- Podcasts: Audio content that's easy to consume on the go.
- Events: In-person meetups, conferences, and trade shows.
- Influencers: Social media personalities who have a large following.
- Content partnerships: Collaborating with other brands to create content.
- Paid search: Ads that appear at the top of search engine results.
- Display ads: Ads that appear on other websites.
- Retargeting: Ads that appear on other websites after a user has visited your site.
- Direct mail: Printed materials that are mailed to customers.
- SMS: Text messages that are sent to customers.
- Word of mouth: Recommendations from friends, family, and colleagues.
- Chatbots: Automated messages that are sent to customers.
- Twitter: Short, snappy posts that are easy to consume on the go.
- Meetup: In-person meetups for people with similar interests.
- Webinars: Live or recorded video presentations.
- Web push notifications: Messages that appear on a user's browser.
- Radio ads: Audio ads that are played on the radio.
- TV ads: Video ads that are played on TV.
- OOH ads: Ads that are displayed on billboards, bus stops, and other public spaces.
- Print ads: Ads that are published in newspapers or magazines.
- Online communities: Groups on social media or forums that discuss your product.
- Affiliate marketing: Collaborating with other brands to promote your product.
- Public relations: Getting featured in online publications or local news.
- Customer support: Answering questions from customers on social media.
- Facebook Messenger: One-to-one messaging with customers on Facebook.
- Instagram DM: One-to-one messaging with customers on Instagram.
- TikTok: Short, snappy videos that are easy to consume on the go.
- Pinterest: Visually attractive images and infographics.
- Reddit: Discussion forums that are organized by topic.
- Quora: Question-and-answer forums that are organized by topic.
- Product tours: Video walkthroughs that show customers how to use your product.
- Customer Testimonials: Reviews from existing customers.
- Case studies: Stories that show how your product has helped other customers.
- Whitepapers: Longer, more informative articles that are optimized for search engines.
- Ebooks: Longer, more informative articles that are optimized for search engines.
- Guides: Short, snappy articles that are easy to consume on the go.
- Video tutorials: Short, snappy videos that are easy to consume on the go.
- Live chat: One-to-one messaging with customers on your website.
Develop a unique strategy for each channel
Once you’ve identified your customer acquisition channels, it’s time to develop a strategy for each one. A strategy for each channel will help you reach your goals and measure your success.
You can use the following questions to help you develop a strategy for each channel:
- What are your goals for this channel?
- What content is best suited for this channel?
- What is your budget for this channel?
- How will you measure success?
- What content your audience interacts with.
- What your competitors are posting.
- What do your KPIs tell you.
Your strategy should include:
- Goals: What you want to achieve with the channel.
- Target audience: Who you want to reach with the channel.
- Content: What you'll post on the channel.
- Budget: How much you'll spend on the channel.
- Metrics: How you'll measure your success.
Measure and improve your strategy
Once you’ve established your customer acquisition channels, it’s time to start measuring your success.
There are many ways to measure your success, but the most important is to track your results. You want to know what’s working and what’s not so you can make improvements.
You can measure your success through:
- Analytics: Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, and Twitter Analytics.
- A/B testing: Testing different versions of your content to see which one performs better.
- Customer surveys: Ask customers about their experience with your product.
- Focus groups: Talk with customers to get their feedback on your product.
- Customer feedback: Listening to what customers are saying about your product.
- Net promoter score: Asking customers how likely they are to recommend your product to others.
- Customer lifetime value: Calculating how much each customer is worth to your business.
- Customer retention: Tracking how many customers are sticking around for the long haul.
- Customer acquisition cost: Calculating how much it
An application of the strategy
1. Join the sports channels on Reddit
Here is a list of the sports channels on Reddit if you are having a sport-related product:
- r/soccer, 3.6 million members, https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/
- r/football, https://www.reddit.com/r/football/
- r/tennis, https://www.reddit.com/r/tennis/
- r/nba, https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/
- r/baseball, https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/
- r/hockey, https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/
- r/golf, https://www.reddit.com/r/golf/
- r/mma, https://www.reddit.com/r/mma/
- r/cricket, https://www.reddit.com/r/cricket/
2. Develop a unique strategy based on the channel and how the community interacts within the channel
- Post relevant content that is interesting to the community
- Subtle self-promotion and guide them to join the app
- Be active in the community
- Be helpful and answer questions
- Be respectful
3. Welcome your new members
Resources & References
-  The Ultimate Guide to Customer Acquisition for 2022: https://blog.hubspot.com/service/customer- acquisition
-  How to Use Content for Customer Acquisition: 26 Tips to Know: https://blog.hubspot.com/service/customer-acquisition-strategy
Post a Comment